Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
Don't know if anyone's done this before but I have a query I'd like to run by you all. I'm making a comic book as a gift in Comic Life and it's coming out well but I'd like it printed out in pretty high-quality---like a photo book with a hard cover and thick paper on the inside. Has anyone done this before/would recommend any service? I just don't want them to mess up with the printing (i.e. cut off parts of the page etc). I essentially want something similar to the photo books that Shutterfly (or other photo companies offer) but with pages I've designed myself..any clues?

Thanks,

N.

duky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
In case anyone is wondering -- blurb.com is a really good site for this. I'll report back when the book arrives but I'm impressed with their software and options..

Also promo-code hewlettpackard10 worked for me on orders of 39.95 and over to get $10 off..

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
In case anyone is wondering -- blurb.com is a really good site for this. I'll report back when the book arrives but I'm impressed with their software and options..

Also promo-code hewlettpackard10 worked for me on orders of 39.95 and over to get $10 off..

Is this who you ended up going with? Did you try any of the others to compare it to if this is the one you are using?

Curious to see how it comes out!!!! If you can post pictures of the end results!! Sounds like it should be pretty cool!

duky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
Is this who you ended up going with? Did you try any of the others to compare it to if this is the one you are using?

Curious to see how it comes out!!!! If you can post pictures of the end results!! Sounds like it should be pretty cool!

Yup I decided on Blurb cause they seemed the best. Lulu.com looked cool but I think they had a minimum on the number of books or some issue like that --forgot what it was exactly. But Blurb looked like a really good service. If you're interested I'll surely post some photos of the final product..

tee-tz

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
mypublisher.com <- Great promotions right now! Also good quality.

Tee_Tz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.