Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaming4fun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Canada
Hi everyone!

I have a video card collection with mainly 3dfx items. I am missing some 3dfx Mac hardware and was hoping to find somebody here that can help me.

I am looking for 3dfx Voodoo4 and Voodoo5 cards in sealed or unsealed boxes.

Please send me a message if you have an item I'm looking for.

I will be more than fair with you.

:)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Wow, Video Card collectors?

I've been throwing my old PC Voodoo Cards into the computer disposal bin....

The boxes and pack-ins were thown into the garbage....

Had I known, I would've sent all the stuff to you for the price of shipping. It's all PC stuff though.

I didn't know there was 3Dfx for Apple...

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
I am also a fond collector, i have the Voodoo 4 and 5 but unfortunately no doubles.

I also have one of the engineering samples that would have became the Voodoo 6/7 before Nvidea took over and produced the Geforce FX of its carcass.

My best advice for finding these cards is to look though car boot sales, ebay, and computer fairs. There is often diamonds in the ruff hanging about. A few months ago there was a guy at the computer fair selling a unopened box full of Voodoo 3's that he explained he bought from PC world when they were clearing out the old stock in a warehouse.

gaming4fun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Canada
Doh! yeah, most people did the same as you gkarris.

Thank you for the tips on where to find some more items. I will try. I have tried searching businesses that sell older hardware but haven't had much luck.

bobnugget

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
England
I have a boxed VoodooMac 5 5500 with drivers and manuals. It is different from the PC version as it has a DVI-A port.

Unfortunately, I wanted it for my PC, so I wiped the firmware and put the PC BIOS on there. It works nicely and is one of the only DVI PC Voodoo 5 cards now.

I have a dump of the firmware somewhere if you want it. If you find a Mac firmware on the internet - it's probably my one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.