Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brettnussb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2009
I had to completely reinstall everything on my computer a few months ago and have not used my AppleTv since today. However, Apple TV was not finding my computer so I decided to resync it. The first things that Apple TV synced were a few tv shows that I converted myself and played fine on my Itunes and my ipod touch. The description says that they are MPEG-4 videos.

First I went to my tv shows as I have done in the past and I am getting the big yellow ! sign saying that there are no tv shows on my Apple TV. I then tried to move some of the shows to the movies category and was shown same result. They are defiantly on my Apple TV hard drive as 1.16 GB is shown in video on my Apple TV icon on Itunes. However as I have over 20 GB of music also, it is not near done syncing. Could this be why none of the tv shows are listed? I cant imagine this is the problem because I figured I could stream them before it is done syncing. I also tried to right click and click convert to Apple TV format but a message popped up saying they already were converted to the correct format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.