PDA

View Full Version : iMac order delayed until next tuesday, the 11th!

iindigo
May 6, 2004, 07:55 PM
Could this be true!? I ordered a 15" iMac and 12" iBook direct from Apple yesterday and today it says it's not shipping until the 11th, which just happens to be next Tuesday! :eek:

What do you guys think of it?

marano
May 6, 2004, 08:01 PM
G5 iMac!! :D or more likely 1.33GHZ and 1.5GHZ speed bumps :(

Ambrose Chapel
May 6, 2004, 08:12 PM
i just checked on the store and a stock 17" is shipping same business day. hmm

marano
May 6, 2004, 08:20 PM
me too, both the stock 15" iMac and 12" iBook seem to be shipping same business day - oh well :mad:

iindigo
May 6, 2004, 08:29 PM
Well that's no fair :( :p Why does mine need pushed back...

QCassidy352
May 6, 2004, 09:20 PM
the imac *has* to be updated soon... it's such a bad buy right now that it's not even funny anymore (no offense to anyone who's bought one...). Much more expensive than an emac, and worse. I really expected it the week after the 'books, but alas, no. Next week would not surprise me at all.

iindigo
May 6, 2004, 09:30 PM
...it's such a bad buy right now that it's not even funny anymore (no offense to anyone who's bought one...)...

No offense taken ;)

It was a gift order - I don't even have to pay for it :) so lol I'm not complaining. The iMac is for me, and the iBook is for someone else in the family.

Nemesis
May 6, 2004, 09:46 PM
the imac *has* to be updated soon... it's such a bad buy right now that it's not even funny anymore (no offense to anyone who's bought one...). Much more expensive than an emac, and worse. I really expected it the week after the 'books, but alas, no. Next week would not surprise me at all.

I'm also looking for a better iMac. These models now any funny -- way too overpriced, and waaay inferior to any decent Wintel offer, and now even to tiny eMac.
And I still cannot believe - since its introduction 2 years ago, iMac speed increased only by 50% (800 MHz -> 1.2 GHz)!? Hey Apple, what are doing over there?!!
Beautiful machine, but horrible hardware specs!

Koodauw
May 6, 2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah no kidding. The iMac really does need an update very badly. More like a major overhaul. If they only update it 1.5 Ghz, I will lose alot of faith in Apple. I am hoping something new will come at WWDC.