Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virgomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I have yet to have any problems with this laptop until now, decided to give WoW a go again, and loaded it up. Since then I have had it crash at least several times a night, or even worse freeze the computer or force a restart.

I've tried scanning , re-patching, everything short of a reinstall of it.

Any of you had problems like this and found a solution?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Count your blessings?

Ok sorry, repair permissions and see what happens.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Open up console.app and see what's causing the crashes. Post your log here.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
Try running Onyx and let it do some clean-up and repair permissions. I run WOW on my first gen MBP with no issues. Also how are your graphics set. Maybe they are too high and need to be brought down some. At least follow what the others are saying and repair the permissions and check the output of the console to see what caused the crash. Also, when WOW crashes it would normally generate a Crash Report that it wants to send to Apple. You can review that there also.

Bill.....:apple:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I have yet to have any problems with this laptop until now, decided to give WoW a go again, and loaded it up. Since then I have had it crash at least several times a night, or even worse freeze the computer or force a restart.

I've tried scanning , re-patching, everything short of a reinstall of it.

Any of you had problems like this and found a solution?

The tech forums at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com are actually pretty good. If you post your problem there, someone usually replies fairly quickly.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Delete the WTF and Interface folder in your WoW directory, (but back them up first) and then run WoW. If it runs fine, just change your settings back to what you want in the menu, and then put the addons back into your Interface/Addons/ folder and make sure they are all up to date.

You can use WoW Matrix, a great app for macs that automatically updates all of your WoW addons.

After this before loading a character, select the addons button in the corner and make sure the 'Load Out-Of-Date Addons' box is ticked. Then hope it works for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.