Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I have a very strange iTunes problem. My itunes folder is Macintosh-HD/users/Shared... recently iTunes won't let me drag and drop any music into my music library. I found a way around it by adding the music first to the Shared folder and afterwards hitting add to library from iTunes but I want to go back to my old way of dragging and dropping my music.

The error that I have is "attempting to copy the disk failed, you do not have enough access privileges for this operation", i checked the "get info" for a few of the folders in my shared folder and my name doesn't appear on any of the permissions, only the other user name set up on the computer. Can I somehow ignore the permissions for the shared folder or just correct this iTunes problem?

ok so I actually fixed this. I hit "get info" on my shared folder then selected "apply to all enclosed items" .... except I'm still having problems; my import settings are set to MP3 and "high", and I'm adding .MP3's, at the same time iTunes adds each song twice... This has happened in the past and I've ignored it but I want to fix this from happening...

ok .M3U folder was deleted, fixed the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.