PDA

View Full Version : falacy in the car analogy.

ifjake
May 7, 2004, 04:45 PM
everytime i'm home from college, i have to go through the home PC and run all these matinence programs and such, and i really can't clean the system thoroughly because often times it won't even let me. i want to get rid of a program that is obviously some crock thing my sister accidently put on the computer, but it won't let me. really a pain. so to use the tired old car analogy, if the Mac is like the corvette of computers or whatever, then why is Windows the one that is so high-matinence? i want Windows to work so that this computer runs better. i'm not cheering for Windows to fail just for Mac to look better. Windows just does it anyway. it's uncanny.

abhishekit
May 7, 2004, 04:54 PM
so what are you saying here? :rolleyes:

7on
May 7, 2004, 07:31 PM
Sounds like he's dissing Corvettes

Capt Underpants
May 7, 2004, 07:36 PM
He's saying that there's a fault in the Mac = Fancy Car analogy. . . I guess. . .

medea
May 7, 2004, 07:43 PM
macs are more like toyotas and windows more like fords.

King Cobra
May 7, 2004, 08:00 PM
Car anologies are like spikey and Xg5. They always get in the way of rumor-relevant discussions, make so little sense that it's sometimes humorous, and rarely ever agree on anything.

Sun Baked
May 7, 2004, 08:10 PM
Sounds like he's dissing CorvettesOr is it the females that drive the Vettes...

Darn females drive them Vettes fast and don't even bother to check the oil, tire pressure, use premium fuel etc. :eek: