Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Well, due to the fact that the only gaming console of this generation that i own is the Wii, i have nothing else to be excited about.

It begins tomorrow (June 2, 2009) at 9:00AM PST. Nintendo has already said that it's going to be much bigger than last years (like that'll be hard to top:rolleyes: ).

My predictions:

Exact American/European release dates for Motion Plus
Pikmin 3
New Zelda
New Mario (Both new Zelda and Mario games made for the Wii were confirmed by Nintendo last year)
New Wiifit
Bragging about sales
Some silly games made for your grandma
Then something HUGE at the at that no one is expecting at all :D

Well i suppose this is more of a dream conference...but oh wells. I'm hoping for a good chunk of that list to be presented :)

Also, that chick from last year better NOT even show her face on that stage.

Antares

macrumors 68000
I think there will be a surprise announcement...possibly Wii Music 2, which will be the talk of the show.

Seriously, though, this could be Nintendo's show. the Wii has some amazing exclusive games forthcoming. Potentially better than the 360 or PS3...which is exciting...and I have to say, "finally."

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Obviously I'm hoping it to be a true Mario platformer. Galaxy was on the ball Nintendo, don't make anything less than that!

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Obviously I'm hoping it to be a true Mario platformer. Galaxy was on the ball Nintendo, don't make anything less than that!

What could possibly be next though?

Super Mario Jungle?
Super Mario Universe?
Super Mario Forest?

Hopefully Nintendo is more creative than i am :p

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
I don't remember where, but I do remember reading that Miyamoto expressed interest in making a Super Mario Galaxy sequel

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'd like a Mario game set in the Mushroom Kingdom again but with a more Mario World visual flair. Or something like Mario 3 with many short connected areas (I suppose Galaxy had this too).

Just make it good or get the hell out of my shop/off my lawn.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I'd like a Mario game set in the Mushroom Kingdom again but with a more Mario World visual flair. Or something like Mario 3 with many short connected areas (I suppose Galaxy had this too).

Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World would both be excellent styles to emulate in the next Mario sequel. I hope they go back to having multiple stages set in different lands. They sort of did that with Galaxy, and there were a few notable stages, but most had similar bounce from asteroid to planet to asteroid gameplay.

I would love to see them bring back the Koopa kids instead of just Bowser, Jr. as a boss. While they're at it, they could bring back the ability to ride Yoshi and Luigi from the beginning too.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
New mario game ?

Yeah... mario baseball or some other *****....

Chances of proper mario ..... nil.....

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
It's going to be a darker gritty Mario title to satisfy the "hardcore" bitchez.

Mario Broz: Shrooms of War.....2010 confirmed...I'm calling it now.

I hope they show all of the survival horror games I've been hearing about.

Bless

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
It's going to be a darker gritty Mario title to satisfy the "hardcore" bitchez.

Mario Broz: Shrooms of War.....2010 confirmed...I'm calling it now.

I hope they show all of the survival horror games I've been hearing about.

Bless

This reminds me of a mistake at my local Target a few years ago. Instead of Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time it was Mario and Luigi: Partners in Crime

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Sadly, I don't expect much "wow" from Nintendo. For sure more games with unneeded "party games" (see shovelware), more EA games that have cartoony characters rather than normal looking ones.

Maybe some proper DSi games.

I find it amusing, Nintendo has the user base but the games on average are just garbage. Yes there are a few gems in the collection but for the most part the majority are just plain *****.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Sadly, I don't expect much "wow" from Nintendo. For sure more games with unneeded "party games" (see shovelware), more EA games that have cartoony characters rather than normal looking ones.

Maybe some proper DSi games.

I find it amusing, Nintendo has the user base but the games on average are just garbage. Yes there are a few gems in the collection but for the most part the majority are just plain *****.

update23_nintendo.gif

WHO NEEDS GAMES?!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Just been messing around with the levels in Photoshop and it looks like it says Super Mario Bros with a letter or number after it?

Actually I can't even make out Mario, just Super something Bros with what looks like an A at the end after a space.
No "new" moniker.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Well hopefully it's Mario 4 or something, be it on disc or WiiWare I'd pay through the nose for a proper 2D Mario sequel (New Mario doesn't count).

And a new 2D Metroid and Zelda on Wiiware or DSiWare wouldn't go amiss too. The visual splendor they could put into a pure pixel game on current day consoles...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.