Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heiba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Bradford, United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I'm a student in a UK university, applied for many internships in all companies, just received a phone call last friday from apple's HR in UK telling me about a phone interview, had the phone interview, the guy told me I'll tell HR to contact you, (hope that means yes to a face-to-face interview) , currently waiting for the reply, anyway, does anyone know anything about salaries? when does internships start? etc, or atleast tell me other threads, forums, websites or facebook groups which I can ask and find more details about that.

Thanks a zillion

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
People I've known who have taken internships in the games industry have been unpaid.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
not applying to games job, (P.S internships must be paid)

They don't have to be. If you're keen to get the experience it is worth volunteering to perform the position without remuneration, especially if it is a smaller company. That is what my friends did I think.

Remember, video games are just like any other kind of software development.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Yeah, internships are about gaining the experience, not the money. Expect around minimum wage if anything. Also, Apple employees are unable to post details on Apple forums so you won't find out much online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.