Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graphic&WebGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Ok so right now, I'm currently running an old school acrylic Apple Studio flat panel Display with my Mac Mini desktop. As most of you may know, this monitor requires the ADC to DVI adapter since it only has one wire connect and no power supply.

My question is...well I have another spare Apple Studio Display with ADC to DVI adapter and want to run Dual Apple Studio Displays with my Mac Mini. Can I do this? I know there is some sort of box you can get for plugging in 2 monitors or something. What do you recommend? And if I get this "box connection thing" will I even need that second ADC to DVI adapter? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

For those who aren't familiar with the monitor I am referring to, here is a pic:

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
to convert the ADC from the monitor to DVI requires a aprox. $100 converter. You would have to buy 2 of them to convert each monitors ADC to a DVI signal. I think you would be better off investing in a new monitor.

Graphic&WebGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
to convert the ADC from the monitor to DVI requires a aprox. $100 converter. You would have to buy 2 of them to convert each monitors ADC to a DVI signal. I think you would be better off investing in a new monitor.

I don't think you are understanding...I already have the Apple Studio ADC monitor hooked up to my Mac Mini via the Apple ADC-DVI adapter. What I am wanting to do is ADD a second Apple Studio ADC monitor, which I already have this extra monitor and a second ADC-DVI adapter, to have Dual Monitors. I just want the extra space because I am a Graphic and Web designer. Thanks for your time.

P.S. The image I provided is my setup, so you can see that I already have (1) Apple Studio Display with my Mac Mini.

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think you are understanding...I already have the Apple Studio ADC monitor hooked up to my Mac Mini via the Apple ADC-DVI adapter. What I am wanting to do is ADD a second Apple Studio ADC monitor, which I already have this extra monitor and a second ADC-DVI adapter, to have Dual Monitors. I just want the extra space because I am a Graphic and Web designer. Thanks for your time.

oh, okay sorry about that. I think theres a product called matrox dual head2go: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/
You can get VGA and DVI versions of it, and it splits the DVI/VGA into 2 of them. You could then use the ADC to DVI to plug the ADC from the monitor into the DVI of the matrox dualhead2go. I am not sure if this would work, because you would be using an adaptor to split the DVI, then another 2 adaptors to connect the ADC monitors.

Graphic&WebGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Which version of Mac Mini is this? I know the most recent one has two video out ports, but if that's not your model, the device recommended above will work.

Yea, my Mac Mini is NOT the most recent one with the two video ports. Mine is the version before that. So you are sure the product listed above will work for me? Will I need both of my ADC to DVI adapters or can I just plug both of the monitors ADC plugs directly into the product that he posted the link about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.