Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illpickle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Aloha,

Currently I'm wondering what anyone has been doing in terms of playing back .m2ts files through there mac and or what programs they might be using? When ripping a blu-ray, the structure is far different from standard def DVD structure (VOB files) which VLC has no problem playing back when dragging the VIDEO_TS folder to it. In terms of playing back the Blu-Ray folder structure however, all the content seems to be contained to the "STREAM" folder containing .m2ts files which VLC sometimes chokes up on.

I know certain windows programs such as Cyberlink Power DVD will do some playback - but I'm trying to avoid windows as much as possible these days around and wondering what anyone might have in terms of suggestion for getting this to playback? Sometimes I can play the .m2ts in VLC with the audio, but after one stops I have to start up the next one. Ideally it would be great if I could just play the ripped disk as is and was wondering if anyone knew of any work arounds:mad? :rolleyes:

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Aloha,

Currently I'm wondering what anyone has been doing in terms of playing back .m2ts files through there mac and or what programs they might be using? When ripping a blu-ray, the structure is far different from standard def DVD structure (VOB files) which VLC has no problem playing back when dragging the VIDEO_TS folder to it. In terms of playing back the Blu-Ray folder structure however, all the content seems to be contained to the "STREAM" folder containing .m2ts files which VLC sometimes chokes up on.

I know certain windows programs such as Cyberlink Power DVD will do some playback - but I'm trying to avoid windows as much as possible these days around and wondering what anyone might have in terms of suggestion for getting this to playback? Sometimes I can play the .m2ts in VLC with the audio, but after one stops I have to start up the next one. Ideally it would be great if I could just play the ripped disk as is and was wondering if anyone knew of any work arounds:mad? :rolleyes:

Please search the forums, this question has been asked sooo many times.
BTW, this is the Digital Audio section.. maybe if you look in the Digital Video, you'll discover more answers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.