Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rngr2/75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Upstate NY
Greetings all... 1st post.

I am considering buying a Mac mini as my first Mac and I have a question. I currently have a Dell 8300 that uses a Dell Ultrasharp 18" LCD. The system is abot 4 years old and I want to keep using it. I was thinking that it would be good to start with a Mac mini to test out all the Hub Bub ;) about MAC. My question is can I use the Dell LCD with the Mac Mini. Are there drivers involved or anythine else I should worry about? I will probably use a KVM from IOgear.

I was looking at an Imac but thought the mini might be a better place to test the Apple waters.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
You don't have to worry about drivers, OS X has drivers for all accessories.

You can connect it via DVI cable

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Greetings all... 1st post.

I am considering buying a Mac mini as my first Mac and I have a question. I currently have a Dell 8300 that uses a Dell Ultrasharp 18" LCD. The system is abot 4 years old and I want to keep using it. I was thinking that it would be good to start with a Mac mini to test out all the Hub Bub ;) about MAC. My question is can I use the Dell LCD with the Mac Mini. Are there drivers involved or anythine else I should worry about? I will probably use a KVM from IOgear.

I was looking at an Imac but thought the mini might be a better place to test the Apple waters.

As Hellhammer mentioned no worries. I have an 09 mac mini hooked up to a 23inch Samsung and its great. The mini is a great computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.