PDA

View Full Version : WWDC Live Webcast

jimsowden
May 8, 2004, 11:01 PM
Does anybody think that Apple will stream the live Keynote of the WWDC? I knoe they won't be at macworld boston, so do you think they will put more ephasis on this event? Have WWDCs in the past been webcast live, or just put into MPEG-4 streams a couple of days afterward? Also, i noticed alot of us were getting booted off the last webcast in January. If they do do a live stream, I hope they manage it better.

PS: If its not streamed, will it be at apple stores with theaters?

aswitcher
May 9, 2004, 01:55 AM
Does anybody think that Apple will stream the live Keynote of the WWDC? I knoe they won't be at macworld boston, so do you think they will put more ephasis on this event? Have WWDCs in the past been webcast live, or just put into MPEG-4 streams a couple of days afterward? Also, i noticed alot of us were getting booted off the last webcast in January. If they do do a live stream, I hope they manage it better.

PS: If its not streamed, will it be at apple stores with theaters?

Last year no, the stream appeared some hours after the event IIRC...

Hopefully this year they might make an effort to go live...

asif3
May 9, 2004, 04:30 AM
I would really love to see it live too. I'm thinking of upgrading my net connection to 1 meg just for that month...so I can see itproperly

I would have loved to go to WWDC but $1600 + around $1400 for airfares and hotels is a bit much for a non-developer.

aswitcher
May 9, 2004, 06:45 AM
I would really love to see it live too. I'm thinking of upgrading my net connection to 1 meg just for that month...so I can see itproperly

I would have loved to go to WWDC but $1600 + around $1400 for airfares and hotels is a bit much for a non-developer.

Yes. Even if you could right it off on tax ;)