PDA

View Full Version : Ti Powerbook and 2nd monitor: Quick Question

Jigsawjammer
Jun 3, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, Can a extend my desktop onto a second monitor to work on both screens? I can't remember or find my answer. Oh, I have VGA out. Thanks

gr8tfly
Jun 3, 2009, 08:57 PM
Yes, the TiBook can extend or mirror the desktop to a 2nd monitor. (either mode)

Jigsawjammer
Jun 3, 2009, 08:58 PM
The option pops up when I connect it right in sys prefs- right?

spinnerlys
Jun 3, 2009, 09:02 PM
http://installingcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/display_pref_arrange.jpg
Deselect the "Mirror Displays" option.

gr8tfly
Jun 3, 2009, 09:04 PM
The option pops up when I connect it right in sys prefs- right?

Yep. Should show up in System Preferences > Displays. You can make either display the "home" display by dragging the menu bar from one to the other. Drag the secondary display around the primary to arrange it the way you like (usually trying to emulate the physical layout of the displays).

edit: whew - I'm slow. spinnerlys beat me AND with screen shot (well, I only have a single at the moment, so that wouldn't have been much help ;) )

spinnerlys
Jun 3, 2009, 09:14 PM

edit: whew - I'm slow. spinnerlys beat me AND with screen shot (well, I only have a single at the moment, so that wouldn't have been much help ;) )

It's from the world wide wet, so don't be beat. ;)

At least you explained it more thoroughly.

gr8tfly
Jun 3, 2009, 09:27 PM
It's from the world wide wet, so don't be beat. ;)

Doh. I hardly ever think of that - I usually do my own screen shots... :rolleyes: (insert second "doh" ;) )

spinnerlys
Jun 3, 2009, 09:37 PM
Doh. I hardly ever think of that - I usually do my own screen shots... :rolleyes: (insert second "doh" ;) )

I do that too sometimes, but most of the times it's faster to use the giant's image search machine.

At least some cats are involved in this :) .