Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
so it was late night i had the brightness to level 1 and i was on myspace and of the sudden the screen blackout but it was fast and like half a second later the light came back i was running on the battery and had 57 % so it shouldent be a battery problem.... if this nevers happens again i will ignore but if it happens againg can i return it for a new/apple to repair it and is this gonna be free i bought like 2 months ago and have the new screens

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
When your screen is that low it will not dim automatically with no activity and thus will go straight black. If you move the mouse at just the right time the darkness will only last a second. It doesn't sound like a video card issue and in my opinion the worst case scenario is a backlight issue but I'd wait for another instance under different conditions.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Check your display settings. If the "dim" setting is checked, then what designgeek stated is most likely true and isn't a hardware related issue.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
is not on dim also i was using it at the time when that happen i know that when its goign to sleep or screensaver it does something like that but this is no the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.