Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
i got the expresscard>eSATA for my HDD as well
but it seems that the expresscard port in MBP is not that reliable

nyzwerewolf

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Long Island, NY
which expresscard>eSATA are you using? I like this idea. I never thought of it. Any idea if the expresscard supports 3.0Gbps or 1.5Gbps? If the expresscard supports 3.0Gbps, I wonder if my 2007 June MacBook Pro supports 3.0Gbps through expresscard. I know it does not support 3.0Gbps via it's chipset.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i got the expresscard>eSATA for my HDD as well
but it seems that the expresscard port in MBP is not that reliable

Funny, I never have problems with my ExpressCard slot. I have FW800, eSATA and DuelAdapter (ExpressCard to PCMCIA) cards. :confused:

lyl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
which expresscard>eSATA are you using? I like this idea. I never thought of it. Any idea if the expresscard supports 3.0Gbps or 1.5Gbps? If the expresscard supports 3.0Gbps, I wonder if my 2007 June MacBook Pro supports 3.0Gbps through expresscard. I know it does not support 3.0Gbps via it's chipset.

I think it should be 1.5Gbps

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2008
MBP no longer sees my DuelAdapter

My MBP (Leopard) suddenly stopped seeing my ExpressCard to PCMCIA DuelAdapter. Any ideas??

Funny, I never have problems with my ExpressCard slot. I have FW800, eSATA and DuelAdapter (ExpressCard to PCMCIA) cards. :confused:

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My MBP (Leopard) suddenly stopped seeing my ExpressCard to PCMCIA DuelAdapter. Any ideas??

There's a known problem with the DuelAdapter that when you remove one and reinsert it, it might not show back up on the PCIe bus until you reboot. That usually does the trick for me whenever it does happen. Duel claims that this a problem with OS X and not the card, but yet, none of my other ExpressCards behave this way...

One design element that I've always hated about this adapter is that the cable that runs between the ExpressCard part and the PCMCIA module is not very flexible and because of that, the card can become unplugged from the EC slot relatively easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.