Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medgirl2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
USA
I am thinking of trying MobileMe with this recent business of Hotmail not working correctly on Entourage that will start in September. Changing email addresses will be a huge pain, since I've had the same one for ten years, so I don't want to have to do it more than once.

My question is about how well Mobile Me email works with less common platforms. I know it should work fine with Apple's mail apps on the desktop and iPhone, as well as Outlook. But how about Outlook Mobile on a Windows Mobile smartphone? I'm not worried about calendar/contact synchronization, but I would need to be able to access email when I am using my Fuze instead of my iPhone. Also, how picky is the web client for Mobile Me? Will it work in any mobile web browsers (Opera Mini, Pocket IE, Skyfire, Mobile Safari)? How about IE6? I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure the browser on my computer at work is IE6, and they are not keen on us installing other software. Will the Mobile Me website work with IE6?

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.