PDA

View Full Version : Albums with parenthesis on them

longball11
Jun 6, 2009, 12:02 AM
This is prolly really bad but I just like organized, clean looks of album names, etc. But I don't like when iTunes puts up an artist's album like
Chickenfoot (Bonus Track Version). To me it just feels like it doesn't need to be there and ruins the integrity of the album name. So when I look at my ipod touch or nano and see the artist, album and song name, I see the bonus track version in parenthesis and I don't have the bonus....
Some artists or record companies (they the one that do this?) do a good job of introducing a bonus track disc and one with plain album name with no parenthesis.
My question is, is there a way that I could get the album without the bonus track version in parenthesis anywhere in iTunes?
I know I could buy the song then go to "music" and edit the album name and delete the parenthesis (bonus track version) but it doesn't feel official, haha. I hope some of you understand but of course, I do understand I am too paranoid about it....

RealaT
Jun 6, 2009, 02:32 AM
I know I could buy the song then go to "music" and edit the album name and delete the parenthesis (bonus track version) but it doesn't feel official, haha. I hope some of you understand but of course, I do understand I am too paranoid about it....

There's your answer right there. At the end of the day it's your music in your iTunes library so you call it what you like, it doesn't change how the music sounds.

JCastro
Jun 6, 2009, 08:16 AM
What you see is what you get on iTunes. I don't see what the problem is with deleting it yourself. it doesn't affect the music and you can put it back if you want to...:confused: