PDA

View Full Version : DJ Laptop

Alphakline
Jun 6, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys. I have a friend that's looking for laptop to use for his DJ side business he's doing. Nothing professional, just as a higher end hobby.

He's working with $1200-1500

I've pointed him towards the macbook unibody which would place him in the middle of his price range given the education discount, free ipod, printer, etc.

However, for reference and options. Does anyone know of a PC laptop that would also be good choice? He's using a Hercules DJ mixer.

Thanks for the help. (Don't worry, i'm working on him towards the macbook... but options never hurt).

Thanks again!
Kerry

spinnerlys
Jun 6, 2009, 12:25 AM
As the Hercules DJ Console is only compatible with Windows, he also has to calculate an external DJ mixer in, that is Mac compatible, if he wants to get the Mac route.

If you want to give him advice for a good Windows laptop, Sony and Samsung would be my recommendation, but it was a while since I last used them, so I don't know of their current quality.

thegoldenmackid
Jun 6, 2009, 01:01 AM
There is a Mac Hercules DJ console. But to my knowledge there is not a dual platform one...so your friend would have to buy a new one...