PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and Mouse Trouble

reaper
May 10, 2004, 04:20 PM
Okay, so here are the issues (all of the following happened with both apple pro and third-party hardware):

- About 70% of the time when my mac boots or comes back from sleep it won't recognize the first (and sometimes second) letter I press on the keyboard. (Makes typing passwords a real pain in the butt :mad: )

- It also goes through brief periods where I will have to unplug and plug back in the keyboard and mouse or the mac won't recognize that they're there. This happens mostly when booting and returning from sleep.

- Finally, sometimes when I boot from a CD the mac won't realize that the keyboard or mouse are there at all and I have to hard restart.

On a separate note (maybe related, I don't know), my apple pro keyboard has issues with double typing all the time. BTW, I know that it's not me, since it only happens when I am on this computer.

Any thoughts on what could be going on with this would be greatly appreciated.

- reaper

BTW, I have a MDD D1.25 FW800, 10.3.3 (let me know any other specs that would help). Thanks again!

7on
May 10, 2004, 05:22 PM
Tried a different keyboard? (or USB port?)

reaper
May 10, 2004, 05:28 PM
Tried a different keyboard? (or USB port?)

Yeah, I have tried several keyboards and mice (third-party too) and it seems to happen with them as well (the third-party mice even work less often when coming back from sleep), so I have switched back to the apple standards.
Any thoughts?

- reaper

7on
May 10, 2004, 05:32 PM
ummm... repair permissions

reaper
May 10, 2004, 05:33 PM
ummm... repair permissions

I do that routinely - after every install.

- reaper