PDA

View Full Version : iPod gone to the dump?

edge540
May 10, 2004, 06:49 PM
Ive had an original 5 gig iPod for the last 2.5 years and its been working wonderfully fine till today.. When i took it out to use and unfortunately the scroll wheel and menu button seem to not work... Ive reset the iPod.. even using the restore on the computer.. nothing solves the problem.. my question is... is the iPod any use if the scroll wheel and menu button dont work? And does anyone know where i could get it fixed and for how much, or would it be better to just buy a new one?
Thanks,
Bryan

iJon
May 10, 2004, 07:08 PM
Ive had an original 5 gig iPod for the last 2.5 years and its been working wonderfully fine till today.. When i took it out to use and unfortunately the scroll wheel and menu button seem to not work... Ive reset the iPod.. even using the restore on the computer.. nothing solves the problem.. my question is... is the iPod any use if the scroll wheel and menu button dont work? And does anyone know where i could get it fixed and for how much, or would it be better to just buy a new one?
Thanks,
Bryan
would not be worth fixing, but is worth keeping as a firewire hard drive.

iJon

musicpyrite
May 10, 2004, 08:05 PM
If you really like your perticular iPod, you could send it to http://ipodresq.com/

But I second the motion to use it as an external FW HD.

Steven1621
May 10, 2004, 08:14 PM
it would probably be in your best bet to pick up a new ipod. certainly that one has served its purpose and it isn't worth the effort to put any money into a dying device.