Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
MB063LL/A

im on ebay and i find all of these black macbook 13" batteries.... but none say they are compatible with my MB063LL/A.

but then it says...

Compatible with MacBooks:

Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2.0GHz MB061LL/B
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2.2GHz MB062LL/B
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2.2GHz MB063LL/B
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2.0GHz MA700LL/A
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 1.83GHz MA699LL/A
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2.0GHz MA701LL/A
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 1.83GHz MA254LL/A
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2GHz MA472LL/A
Apple MacBook 13.3-inch 2GHz MA255LL/A

and any other MacBook with a 13" or 13.3" screen

so does that apply to all of the batteries being sold? is it safe??? i dont wanna buy a battery that will mess my macbook up or cause a power outage or something. some help here would be appreciated. is it ok to buy it as long as its made for the 13" inch black macbooks?

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
i need your help brahs. im online shopping tonight! i gotta wake up early in the morning to go to work. then i get back home at 6 pm, then get to work on my dad in building the house and the only time i have free is from 10-12 pm and its basically used to get ready for the next day. so if you guys could help me here i would truly appreciate it!

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
From reading around here, and people I know, the money saved on an eBay 3rd party battery is not worth it many times as compared to paying more for a real Apple battery.

The 3rd party ones aren't manufactured to the same level of quality many times, and die out a lot faster (in terms of cycles vs capacity) and will be a lot harder to get a replacement if you have a bulging/battery failure issue.

That being said, all the white/blackbooks have the same battery, it's just the color of the outside case is different.

Here's a link for the apple store: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA566LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDEwMQ&mco=MjE0ODI0OA

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
From reading around here, and people I know, the money saved on an eBay 3rd party battery is not worth it many times as compared to paying more for a real Apple battery.

The 3rd party ones aren't manufactured to the same level of quality many times, and die out a lot faster.

That being said, all the white/blackbooks have the same battery, it's just the color of the outside case is different.

ooohhh alright. thanks man. on and they're selling the official apple batteries on ebay. i just checked.. made by apple.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Again, I don't know what kind of $$ savings there is with eBay, but it may be more difficult to get support from Apple if issues crop up. Then again, I have a general distrust of eBay, so that may be my issue :p

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Again, I don't know what kind of $$ savings there is with eBay, but it may be more difficult to get support from Apple if issues crop up. Then again, I have a general distrust of eBay, so that may be my issue :p

same here man. i'm ordering it from the official site cause you brought back a bad memory. i haven't ordered anything else from ebay since 2005... when i ordered "brand new xbox 360" for christmas....

i got a yellow-ish xbox, that looked it had been beaten with a golf club and pissed on by cats. not only that but the fan was clustered with dust..........

however, i got a full refund from ebay/paypal... but that won't ever erase the headache and horrible moment i experienced that morning... when i saw the ups truck outside, i was hopping like a rabbit out of room down to the first floor... almost kissed the delivery guy and when i opened it my face transformed into all sorts of weird shapes.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Glad to see you'll have your fresh battery in a couple-few days (depends where you are I guess) :)

maudioguitarris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
guys, i'm reading the reviews on the battery ... and people are complaining that it dies unexpectedly and that it sucks. i wasn't aware of this... but now it makes sense. cause i've had two batteries that died on me, and now by buying another one, i'd be getting a third one. both batteries died in a 2 year span... are there any alternatives? or should i just order it and hope it doesn't die as fast as it has for other users.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Apple has the policy, that the battery should maintain >80% charge in the time of 300 charge cycles.

If you have less than that capacity in less than that amount of charges you may be able to get a replacement free of charge from Apple. You'd want to go speak with a Genius at the Apple store nearest you for that. To check up on the battery status/cycle number, you can use CoconutBattery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.