PDA

View Full Version : iPod mini update problems!

anubis
May 10, 2004, 11:22 PM
Hello all.

I've been having some problems with my iPod mini recently. It was working just fine until I downloaded the itunes 4.5 update through my software update. part of the itunes 4.5 update package includes an ipod and ipod mini firmware updater to update god knows what on the ipods. so here's my problem:

ever since i upgraded to itunes 4.5, and i try plugging my ipod mini into my computer, it automatically pops up with a "your ipod needs updating. would you like to do it now?". if i hit ok, it automatically comes up with the ipod updater utility. but here's the wierd thing: just before the ipod updater utility opens, my ipod automatically unmounts itself for some reason. this is immediatley followed by a dialog box that says "an ipod must be mounted in order to be updated". at this point, my ipod mini displays the "ok to disconnect" check mark and if i want to remount my ipod, i have to disconnect and then reconnect it. why the hell is the ipod update utility unmounting the ipod, and then complaining that it needs to be mounted to work?