Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BG-Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I for one hope so. I'd like nothing more to ditch my SkyCaddie in favor of a full featured iPhone Golf GPS App on the new iPhone 3GS.. :)

mathewr

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
which golf app do u guys reccomend? i have the original iphone and im gonna upgrade and id love to get an app that helps me know how far away i am from the whole.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
lol.

I didn't know they changed anything from the aGPS that is in 3G phones? 3.0 might make it slightly more accurate, and adding a compass might help some.

BPresley321

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I love the game of golf but feel like most of the golf apps aren't useful. Does it save me any time or effort to get out my iphone to write my score down instead of just writing on the scorecard? Do I really need to consult a digital course database to see what hole is coming up next when it's right on my scorecard? No and no...

mtbright

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
hes not looking to see what hole is next, the skycaddie acts as a range finder and tells him how far from the pin he is so he knows what club to hit. thats an awesome idea for an app though

BPresley321

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was commenting on the golf apps currently available. In regards to the skycaddies, etc., these could be great apps if done properly and hopefully one will come out in the future. Just don't let anyone know if you have that app on your phone while in a tournament!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.