PDA

View Full Version : iBook 3G Question

MacGuru01
Jun 9, 2009, 09:10 AM
I recently bought my friend up in Canada a iBook 3G off of ebay for like $200 and the computer is fine and works properly, only thing is that the battery is shot but that's a no brainer to fix. Anyway, he is a long time PC user so I am wanting to make a little presentation welcoming him to the world of macs and basically get him sped up with the functions and what the icons mean and so forth. It does have wifi capability as well.

I need screen shots of the back of the iBook 3G clamshell, sides as well, screen shots of the desktop startup screen, images of each desktop load item, etc.
I also need help documents, every shred of anything to help this PC user have an easy time switching to a mac. Thanks everyone!

Sky Blue
Jun 9, 2009, 09:12 AM
iBook G3

3G is a technology for mobile networking.

MacGuru01
Jun 9, 2009, 09:16 AM
iBook G3

3G is a technology for mobile networking.

Noted. Anything else? I hope to have this presentation made by either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. :)

testcard
Jun 9, 2009, 09:23 AM
You could always point your friend in the direction of Apple's Switch 101 for PC users switching to Mac http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/

Useful images of the start screen, dock etc. there.

scienide09
Jun 9, 2009, 09:44 AM
The best way to learn to to jump right in with both feet.

Wipe the drive, do a custom install of OS X (to remove unnecessary drivers and languages), and shutdown the computer when the welcome video starts.

This will give your friend the "new owner" experience, and encourage him to learn on his own. You can be there for backup and occasional help!

NewMacbookPlz
Jun 9, 2009, 10:36 AM
Noted. Anything else? I hope to have this presentation made by either tonight or tomorrow at the latest. :)

He meant your computer is an iBook G3, with G3 denoting the CPU type, rather than a Cell-phone network wirelessly enabled laptop.