PDA

View Full Version : Ibook g3 dual usb return key doesn't work!

Rens
Jun 9, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

I have an Ibook g3 dual usb and everytime I press my return button it does nothing. All it does is beep. I'm new to mac so plz be clear. I'm using mac os 10.3.9.
Can anyone help me please?? :confused:

P.S. My English sucks (I know!).

Buskape
Jun 9, 2009, 01:22 PM
First of all, we are not here to judge your ability to speak English.

Now to the point, maybe there is something wrong with the connector that detects when the key is pressed, has anyone been slamming the enter key on this ibook?

NewMacbookPlz
Jun 9, 2009, 01:32 PM
Your English is better than 1/2 the people who post around here, so no worries :p

As for the key, it sounds like it may be shorting out...if that is the case, a replacement isn't too expensive via ifixit

Rens
Jun 10, 2009, 10:23 AM
No one has been even touching the return key except me and I didn't do anything wrong. And even if that's true why does shift+return work?
I don't want new keyboard because every time I travel I take it with me so I don't want to carry a keyboard too...

NewMacbookPlz
Jun 10, 2009, 10:46 AM
If it's not a software issue, I meant replace the keyboard as in the built-in one, not to carry an external unit.

Rens
Jun 10, 2009, 11:30 AM
srry newmacbookplz...
I did not understand that. But I really don't want to give out money for only a key problem. I hope you understand that.

Please help. :confused:

Rens
Jun 11, 2009, 08:49 AM
OMG!! I am soooo stupid. My speech recognition speaks the selected text when I press return. Because there was no selection when I pressed return it beeped!!! Soo many thx to you guys for trying. you coudn't know this...

Thanks, for all!!! :D