Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geoff.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
How the hell do you clean the top case ( shell ) of a white macbook without scratching it. Mine had finger prints on it and general dust after just a week and i got the cloth apple gave me and slighty wet it and gently wiped it down and it left scratches.

Also when the time comes whats the best product for cleaning the palm rest ? Magic eraser and all the other products i saw people talk about are not available in my country. How about good oul soap and water ? :p

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Unfortunately the coating on the Polycarbonate plastic is very scratch prone. This is why Apple stopped with the polycarb Nano's after the 1st version, people were getting pissed that they couldn't see their screens anymore due to scratching and class-action lawsuits were about to get started...

The only thing I could think of would be a soft 100% cotton towel, similar to what you'd use on your car's paint. Anything polyester will scratch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.