PDA

View Full Version : Spinny startup thing...

jMc
May 12, 2004, 10:22 AM
Hi All

You know that spinny startup swirl that appears below the Apple logo at bootup (it also appears during Finder searches or when Safari is loading a page amongst others)? Well, apart from maybe telling me what to call it :o , does anyone know where I could either find it in my System folder (I can find lots of icons etc, but not that) or point me to a (preferably animated) one somewhere. I'm sure someone used to use it as their avatar... I want to use it as the startup animation on my phone.

Ta muchly
jx

abhishekit
May 12, 2004, 10:44 AM
are you talking bout the spinning beach ball of death, fondly known as SBOD , if you are, and it appears when finder searches, or safari tries to open a page, its usually not a good sign at all ;)
and sorry i dont know, where its is in the system folder

jMc
May 12, 2004, 10:53 AM
are you talking bout the spinning beach ball of death, fondly known as SBOD...

No, I'm talking about the spinny thing that looks like spokes of a wheel (or perhaps rather like milliseconds on a stopwatch) that shows when your system is starting up or indicates when something is in progress/loading in many apps... Sorry, I seem to be suffering in my descriptive capabilities following a long day at work. ;)

jx

Danrose1977
May 12, 2004, 10:53 AM
Are you talking about the 12 or so bars that gain and fade in intensity in rotation just below the apple when starting up? I don't know where to find it... but I'm sure you could make one with an animation package...

Juventuz
May 12, 2004, 10:59 AM
I'm sure someone used to use it as their avatar... I want to use it as the startup animation on my phone.

Ta muchly
jx

I don't know where to find it on your comp, but I do know that e-coli has it as his avatar.

you're talking about this right

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=11447&dateline=1056835082

jMc
May 12, 2004, 11:04 AM
Juventuz you are a star (or perhaps a spinny spokey thing) :D ...

Danrose1977 - yeah, I was going to animate it myself, I was just after the raw image to use as a template for the animation, but I'm sure e-coli wouldn't mind me borrowing his handiwork...

jx

Juventuz
May 12, 2004, 01:04 PM
You're welcome!