Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nohg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Now, perhaps I have been lost too long in the land of Vista, but I could swear that it had an option to set the behaviour of the power button on the rear of the iMac somewhere. I checked the Bootcamp panel, nothing jumped out and likewise on the power settings panel.

Now, unless I missed it, where might one find the whole "Power Button: Restarts computer/turns off display/hibernates" toggle?

Or does such a thing exist purely in my imagination?

Vista X64 SP1 (SP2 when the damn thing finally plays nicely with me) running on an iMac attack.

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
Now, perhaps I have been lost too long in the land of Vista, but I could swear that it had an option to set the behaviour of the power button on the rear of the iMac somewhere. I checked the Bootcamp panel, nothing jumped out and likewise on the power settings panel.

Now, unless I missed it, where might one find the whole "Power Button: Restarts computer/turns off display/hibernates" toggle?

Or does such a thing exist purely in my imagination?

Vista X64 SP1 (SP2 when the damn thing finally plays nicely with me) running on an iMac attack.

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Advanced Settings ?

Nohg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
How could I have missed that?!!

Ah well.

Thanks very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.