PDA

View Full Version : Alpine iPod link

technocoy
May 12, 2004, 03:46 PM
I talked to a guy at a local Alpine dealer (i've been calling them like every week, looking for info on this thing) and he said that they just found out that it is ONLY the 2004 for AI net models, it should be around $70.00, and that it was due out next month (june). just thought you guys might like to know, as i am going out of my mind i want this so bad!!

technocoy

superbovine
May 12, 2004, 04:57 PM
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/industry_news/article_650.shtml

phrancpharmD
Jun 11, 2004, 10:24 PM
So any idea how this thing is going to work? I suppose you'll need an Alpine head unit as well. I'm very interested to learn more about it when it finally comes out.

reaper
Jun 11, 2004, 10:37 PM
It seems to me that it will be integrated with a head unit already (maybe not and you can install in into any of the Ai-Net devices) and the iPod wire will be snaked through into a center console or something. Sounds pretty sweet, and I will definitely be getting one of these puppies when it comes out. :D

- reaper

Koodauw
Jun 11, 2004, 11:07 PM
I talked to an alpine rep and he said that it will be avaible in mid-late July. It will work with most of the Alpine Models, except only the higher end decks, around $450 retail, will be able to let you scroll through and select songs. Otherwise you will be stuck click "next" through your entire library of songs.

jared_kipe
Jun 11, 2004, 11:26 PM
I already link my iPod to my alpine through aux inputs. The ipod plugs into a white belkin rechager, and the audio comes out at the lighter power, then goes behind the dash. It's flawless and you couldn't see where it happens. This is because my hyundai sonata has an outlet right above the coin holder. And all it cost was 15USD for the AInet aux input adapter.

GbV76
Jul 18, 2004, 09:05 PM
Not sure if anyone's noticed this, but I found it on the Alpine site....
http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_kca-420i.htm