Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelaus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Hi

I just want to vent a bit here. I bought a MacBook for its quality component that everyone was talking about here - and in all honesty I really found it to be a quality notebook for about the first 5 months of having it.

But then the other day it went all crazy and wouldn't boot up. On top of that the button/trackpad hasn't been working and you have to press really hard to make it work.

I just got a call saying its ready to be picked up but the logic board had to be replaced and that it doesn't really seem much of an issue about the button - but if it gets any worse, "bring it in again."

First of all, I don't see why I should be paying so much for a computer that carks itself when its not even half a year old, especially when I take such good care of it. And secondly, I shouldn't have to put up and shut up about my broken button - I should have one that works like its supposed to.

Please tell me if I'm out of line here - I love the MacBook and it does exactly what I need it to do, but I have to say, I'm kinda pissed. I'm sitting here typing on my 4 year old HP Notebook and it's still working almost as well as it did the day I got it. I'm just thinking, in another 6 months time, what's going to happen then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.