Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uncle bulgaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
What i mean by that is when I connect my G10 to my laptop, iphoto pings up and it's fine to recognise and download photo's but not any short video i may have taken using the camera.

Image capture or Imovie doesnt see any video either.

On finder window there is no recognition i am attached to the camera (via USB).

My old ****** camera always popped up seperately on the desktop as well as on Iphoto. Any clues people?

My laptop is old (ibook G4 and running off 10.3.9) but I swear i could do this before.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
On finder window there is no recognition i am attached to the camera (via USB).

Before doing anything drastic, do you have access to an SD card reader? Perhaps your printer has an SD slot. I would try that first and see if Image Capture or iPhoto sees the videos.

The second thing I'd try would be to use a PC to download the videos.

Maybe a quick format of the SD card will fix it. Just make sure you get all of your files off the card before formatting.

uncle bulgaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Before doing anything drastic, do you have access to an SD card reader? Perhaps your printer has an SD slot. I would try that first and see if Image Capture or iPhoto sees the videos.

The second thing I'd try would be to use a PC to download the videos.

Maybe a quick format of the SD card will fix it. Just make sure you get all of your files off the card before formatting.

hey thanks for that. My flatnmate has a card reader, so ill try that tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.