Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
main_img.3.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/mobile/iphone/

I'm glad this is coming, was really hoping they would release an app.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
News Fuse

I'm happy to see they are finally jumping on but I must say Fuse has already replaced all my other news Apps. I can't imaging the CNN App will be Ad free and actually allow the user to actually use the entire screen.

It's getting depressing to see such great sources giving in to Ads and Banners that use my screen.

Rant over: I can't wait to see it and try it out. :)

Fe1

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
The only dilemma I see is if Anderson Cooper comes on when Ryan Seacrest is subbing for Larry King. I believe the app name "Oops I crapped my pants" is already taken.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Good. Between AP & CNN, its all covered. :)

Do you know how slow AP is to get some of us smaller people on their service? Meanwhile, the big paper randomly poops every story they have on the local stream. It's only been six months since I heard back. Arrgh.

But overall, the AP app kicks ass. The NY Times and USA Today have nice ones.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I can't see a single outlet news app taking over RSS on my iPhone, although I am getting tired of NetNewsWire, which I only use b/c I love the Mac app.

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
When do we get a REAL news app from a real news company? CNN is to news as MTv is to music.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
When do we get a REAL news app from a real news company? CNN is to news as MTv is to music.

I agree, I stopped watching CNN at the beginning of the year because they are becoming less fair and not reporting all sides of a story like they used to.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
[app]Fluent News[/app] is awesome! I can't view CNN from Japan though (this region isn't supported for their mobile news articles). I'm hoping that an actual app will allow me to get CNN news, as it seems the [app]CNN Money[/app] is viewable here in Japan via their app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.