PDA

View Full Version : Mexican UFO Footage

Awimoway
May 13, 2004, 12:44 AM
http://www.ktvu.com/news/3298166/detail.html

I read this story yesterday, and now they've released the footage. Its a tiny little Real Media file, so it's hard to judge, but I can't say it's very compelling. The last few shots look like car headlights (you can even see the reflection on the bumper or road right below the twin lights) superimposed over images of clouds. On other hand, I don't know why some Mexican drug police would want to make this up. I'm skeptical of most UFO stories, but I thought it was interesting at the very least.

Ozi
May 13, 2004, 01:48 AM
LOL

yeah it looks pretty dodgy... If a more credible military got this footage, I might believe it, but to say "the armed forces don't perpetrate frauds" is a load of BS, and the Mexicans are more likely to pull a crackpot story than the RAF, or the USAF.

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2004, 06:19 AM
What gets me is that they haven't shown this earlier - read the story a couple days ago - you'd have thought it would be a bigger story.... :confused:

D

Dont Hurt Me
May 13, 2004, 06:40 AM
what people are missing is that this was taken in infared. this is why no detail.They were looking for drug runners but found something a little different. The Mexican air force wouldnt have released this unless there was something to it. On the otherhand if it was the U.S. air force we wouldnt have ever heard of it. the Belgian air force also had radar and photo evidence from about 10 years ago. U.S Govt reaction? no reaction. kind of strange. you would think they would at least be interested from a military point of view. they know something we dont? I think they do.

idkew
May 13, 2004, 08:35 AM
Would not be the least bit surprised of it was a UFO, as in an unidentified flying object that our government built and is testing. Maybe a new type of propulsion?

I doubt it is an alien or whatever. Too many mouths to keep shut is there is real, absolute proof.

wdlove
May 13, 2004, 11:35 AM
UFO stories seemed to have fallen out of favor not that we are actually in space. There will need to be some actually scientific investigation of the footage to know for sure.

michaelrjohnson
May 13, 2004, 02:28 PM
it IS U.F.O. footage, by definition. However, I doubt it's extra-terrestrial in nature.

musicpyrite
May 13, 2004, 04:29 PM
To me that looks like ~6 F-16s with afterburners, or an AN-225 with afterburners ;) :D .

BornAgainMac
May 13, 2004, 09:27 PM
I wish UFO photos were more cool looking. Lights aren't that impressive unless you are there and see it for yourself. If a UFO that looked like a Tie-Fighter from Star Wars flying thru downtown New York with the sounds from the movies in the middle of the day, then we can say that it was probably a UFO.

I hope the mystery about UFO's is solved by the public at large someday in our lifetime. I can understand the cover up because it would cause panic for some people that aren't ready.

saxman
May 14, 2004, 08:56 AM
Would not be the least bit surprised of it was a UFO, as in an unidentified flying object that our government built and is testing. Maybe a new type of propulsion?

I doubt it is an alien or whatever. Too many mouths to keep shut is there is real, absolute proof.

Yep, people tend to equate UFO with extra-terrestrial. What about all those reports of a triangular shaped UFOs in the southwest US decades ago... B2 bomber anyone?

Ozi
May 14, 2004, 08:57 AM
To me that looks like ~6 F-16s with afterburners, or an AN-225 with afterburners ;) :D .

are you serious? They put afterburners on THESE?http://www.planestv.com/images/planestv/an-225-3.jpg

Apple Hobo
May 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
No, the 225 has no afterburners.

Awimoway
May 14, 2004, 01:08 PM
Yep, people tend to equate UFO with extra-terrestrial. What about all those reports of a triangular shaped UFOs in the southwest US decades ago... B2 bomber anyone?

I live in the California desert, not far from where a lot of airplane manufacturers build prototypes and fly them out of Edwards Air Force Base. In the last several months I've been hearing a terrifically loud airplane. I look up at the typically cloudless blue sky and see absolutely nothing in any direction. It's got my interest.

Makosuke
May 14, 2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah, this was almost definitely a UFO sighting (the Mexican air force doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation, but what on earth would they have to gain by faking photos of mysterious lights at 10,000 feet? Recruting publicity? "Join the Mexican Air Force, where you can bust drug growers and spot aliens!").

The question is, was it an exceedingly bizzare atmospheric phenomenon (unlikely), a US (or another country, even) test flight of something secret (anybody realistic knows there's plenty of weird stuff the US is working on, with no alien technology involved), or a real live alien sighting.

Who knows, but it's interesting either way.

ThomasJefferson
May 14, 2004, 06:42 PM
All I know is, these aliens are pro'lly illegal - so lets put up the "no vacancy" sign. No one needs them making crop circles in our cornfields, doing weird experiments on Montana cows, or frustrating our scientists at Area 51 with new leaps in back-engineered propulsion systems. Send them back, no exceptions,end of problem. :)

Cheese
May 14, 2004, 11:07 PM
:eek: Did anyone ever think it could be Batman on holiday? :D

Ninja_Turtle
May 14, 2004, 11:13 PM
now, ok i saw the video and pictures too and read the article, and as me being a Mexican myself (born in Mexico) i dont believe it one bit, but heres the thing, Mexican officials made that video and submittited to USA FBI just to scare the pants off the white people, haha, not being racist or anything but white people will believe anything, haha...one time i told my white friend that his girlfriend hated him and he believed me, another time i told him that there was a huge tarantula on his back, he believed me again...see, its all simple mathematics, the Mexican tells the white man something, the white man believes it, the Mexican has a laugh...all in a days work...haha

:) :D ;) :p

hope you guys have a sense of humor...haha :D

Saad
May 14, 2004, 11:47 PM
Similar events have been reported thorughout the world:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3671271.stm
http://www.kfdx.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=5304
http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0508ufo.html

Ready yourselves for the pending invasion. :)

Apple //e
May 15, 2004, 12:20 AM
now, ok i saw the video and pictures too and read the article, and as me being a Mexican myself (born in Mexico) i dont believe it one bit, but heres the thing, Mexican officials made that video and submittited to USA FBI just to scare the pants off the white people, haha, not being racist or anything but white people will believe anything, haha...one time i told my white friend that his girlfriend hated him and he believed me, another time i told him that there was a huge tarantula on his back, he believed me again...see, its all simple mathematics, the Mexican tells the white man something, the white man believes it, the Mexican has a laugh...all in a days work...haha

:) :D ;) :p

hope you guys have a sense of humor...haha :D

that stupid idea of "outwitting" someone is so detrimental to mexican society

the result is a society that sees the liar and cheater as something good

if youre a real mexican, move back and try to change the world´s negative view on our country, which is so evident in this thread

Ninja_Turtle
May 15, 2004, 12:48 AM
that stupid idea of "outwitting" someone is so detrimental to mexican society

the result is a society that sees the liar and cheater as something good

if youre a real mexican, move back and try to change the world´s negative view on our country, which is so evident in this thread

whoa whoa...someone didnt take it so well...it was just a joke, i was making the Mexicans look good and the whites kinda look dumb (for believing everything they see), i wasnt being all serious dude...take a chill pill, Mexico isnt a viewed as a terrrible country by others, its viewed terribly by its own people like yourself, try having a sense of humor and increasing the POSITIVE view on our country...

Apple //e
May 15, 2004, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Ninja_Turtle]whoa whoa...someone didnt take it so well...it was just a joke, i was making the Mexicans look good and the whites kinda look dumb QUOTE]

making fun of people based on the color of their skin is stupid

mexico is 10% white.

is 10% of mexico (10 million people) dumb?

ThomasJefferson
May 15, 2004, 07:11 AM
The last few shots look like car headlights (you can even see the reflection on the bumper or road right below the twin lights) superimposed over images of clouds.

Ditto.

jane doe
May 15, 2004, 07:39 AM
I didn't know that mexico had any UFOs left? I thought they were all in the US by now?? :)

Ninja_Turtle
May 15, 2004, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Ninja_Turtle]whoa whoa...someone didnt take it so well...it was just a joke, i was making the Mexicans look good and the whites kinda look dumb QUOTE]

making fun of people based on the color of their skin is stupid

mexico is 10% white.

is 10% of mexico (10 million people) dumb?

um...dude...seriously...you cant take jokes at all...you must like have some sort of "getting-joke" disease...i aint even going to argue with you...