PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 LCD Liquid Damage

Tim2.0
Jun 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
A few days ago my wife spilled wine on her Powerbook G4. (Drink responsibly near your computers.) After cleaning it off immediately and letting it dry out for a few days, the computer works flawlessly, but the LCD has some water damage. It's pictured below.

At first, I thought that the damage might be wine stuck between the LCD and some sort of bezel "screen". But after looking at a guide or two, I don't see any sort of screen protecting the LCD. Am I right? Is the damage directly in the LCD, thus requiring a replacement? Or does the Powerbook G4 have some kind of screen that I could separate from the LCD and clean?

Anyone with some experience here would be great...

Tim2.0
Jun 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
Any thoughts?

OrangeSVTguy
Jun 11, 2009, 06:50 PM
That looks like you(your wife) is screwed. Sorry but that is damaged and there is no glass or cover over the LCD on the Powerbooks.

I do have a great 12" LCD panel from my iBook G4 that I have just listed on ebay. I can do a free install too for you if you think you can't do it? Just search for my name on ebay and click to view my items. PM me if you need any help.

Tim2.0
Jun 14, 2009, 10:13 AM
That looks like you(your wife) is screwed. Sorry but that is damaged and there is no glass or cover over the LCD on the Powerbooks.

I do have a great 12" LCD panel from my iBook G4 that I have just listed on ebay. I can do a free install too for you if you think you can't do it? Just search for my name on ebay and click to view my items. PM me if you need any help.

Thanks, I can do the install myself.