PDA

View Full Version : PowerMac G5 USB Ports Not Working?

simplymuzik3
Jun 10, 2009, 02:59 PM
Hi, I have my powermac g5 and i connect my ipod touch all the time to it, through the usb cable. now i just unplugged it, and then when i tried to connect it to my computer again, it wont show up. the ipod is recognized on other computers, and the cable is fine. i tried all the usb ports on the mac, and i also tried a powered usb hub, but no luck. my ipod doesn't charge when i plug it in, and i cannot sync it. Please, any help is appreciated. thanks.

Pixellated
Jun 10, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hi, I have my powermac g5 and i connect my ipod touch all the time to it, through the usb cable. now i just unplugged it, and then when i tried to connect it to my computer again, it wont show up. the ipod is recognized on other computers, and the cable is fine. i tried all the usb ports on the mac, and i also tried a powered usb hub, but no luck. my ipod doesn't charge when i plug it in, and i cannot sync it. Please, any help is appreciated. thanks.

What happens when you plug in a USB Flash drive? have you tried a different USB port or cable? Try booting your Mac with the iPod plugged in. If all else fails, take the iPod to the Apple store.

Black107
Jun 10, 2009, 03:11 PM
This might be a silly question but have you restarted your computer? Its possible you somehow overloaded the USB bus and these computers have fail-safes built in that shut the ports off to prevent frying the board.

OrangeSVTguy
Jun 10, 2009, 05:17 PM
How are you using your keyboard/mouse? :confused: Bluetooth?

simplymuzik3
Jun 11, 2009, 03:59 PM
This might be a silly question but have you restarted your computer? Its possible you somehow overloaded the USB bus and these computers have fail-safes built in that shut the ports off to prevent frying the board.

Yes, i have tried restarting the computer. I've tried unplugging all devices except for the iPod and still no luck.

@orangeSVTguy im using a wired keyboard, and bluetooth mouse. I have never had any problems with my ipod and computer before. I just randomly stopped connecting to my powermac. It still connects to other computers, and it still charges with the wall charger.

I dont think it could be the computer because NONE of the USB ports work with the ipod, but they work with everything else. Im thinking it has something to do with the iPod, it's a first gen ipod touch.

anyone else have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!