Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Hi,

Just wondered is there a way to download YouTube videos on my iPhone via a native app? I know I can do it on my Mac but it would be good to do it on the go...

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Hi,

Just wondered is there a way to download YouTube videos on my iPhone via a native app? I know I can do it on my Mac but it would be good to do it on the go...

Thanks for any help!

There is a jailbreak app called MxTube that can do it, but nothing in the App Store.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I thought one of the developers on here made such an app, and it was flat out rejected (not a surprise!).

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
mxTube became myVideos when it was finally accepted into the appstore. Apple has rejected their last update, and won't accept anymore from them till they remove it's ability to download YouTube. Violation of TOS and in some cases a copyright infringement. Disappointing, but it still works for the moment.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Thanks!

MyVideos appears to work well, pretty nice app. Shame it doesn't have the ability to move videos to the iPod library, that is what I was hoping for.

Really convenient as a lot of dance mixes don't get released for ages, but make it to YouTube, so better to have a version off YouTube even if the quality isn't brilliant...better than nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.