PDA

View Full Version : Apple Service in Canada

oldschool
May 13, 2004, 07:26 PM
All the posts I read on these boards about computer service, i've only ever heard about people sending their computers directly to apple.

I phoned apple canada tech support and they insisted that i take the computer into an authorized reseller/service center. I bought the computer from apple, yet they can't service it...what gives?

has anybody else in canada sent their computers in for service?

winwintoo
May 13, 2004, 07:51 PM
I'm out here in the boon docks (Saskatchewan) and since 1987, I've owned about 15 various models of Macs about 1/2 of them new. When any of them needed service, I could always find someone locally that was qualified to fix it. Macs are so reliable though that there's been very few warranty calls, but even those have been handled by someplace where I could just drop the machine off. I even have a guy now that will come to the house and fix - imagine that, a computer tech that makes house calls!!

Can't imagine why I'd want to send a computer away to get fixed.

M :)

oldschool
May 13, 2004, 07:53 PM
i think the main reason i wanted to send it away was that i would have to drive all the way to a service provider. That was the whole point of buying it online...so i wouldn't have to go to a reseller.

I guess that's apple's policy in canada.

I'm out here in the boon docks (Saskatchewan) and since 1987, I've owned about 15 various models of Macs about 1/2 of them new. When any of them needed service, I could always find someone locally that was qualified to fix it. Macs are so reliable though that there's been very few warranty calls, but even those have been handled by someplace where I could just drop the machine off. I even have a guy now that will come to the house and fix - imagine that, a computer tech that makes house calls!!

Can't imagine why I'd want to send a computer away to get fixed.

M :)