Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
YES OMG GET IT
I got it two weeks ago, and OMG

On second thoughts, I'm in the middle of big exams
so only get it if you don't mind losing hours and hours and hours and

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It is the same game as the desktop version which I completed long long time before the iPhone app came out so I was quite disappointed with that.

Also Peggle destroys battery life on the phone and the zen shot takes ages to work out.

It is good but a little disappointing.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I downloaded as soon as Appsniper said it was on sale (I had it on watch :D).

Such a fun game. I love hearing ode to joy when you hit the last peg. :p

Also just bought Sneezies. Doesn't really have anything to do with Peggle...but it's fun (and cute) as hell.

PS. 79 cents in German App store.

Fe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
I have never played this game. I see everyone raving about it, for 99 cents Im going to try it. ;)

This was my case, when it first came out. I had never played it, ever, so I had no idea what to expect, despite reading multiple pre-launch blogposts on it. Until Zenonia came out, I don't think there was a more anticipated game in all of the App Store. I was REALLY psyched.

Even so, I thought, eh, it's just a game. There are 30,000 others in the store. What's the big whoop?

Then I played it the first time.

I wrote of it that you have to try out all kinds of App Store games before buying Peggle. It's only when you have sampled all these inane farts, poops, vamps, and mafia apps, that you will understand just how bloody CHARMING Peggle is.

This game sometimes literally makes me laugh out loud like a little kid. I love me some Peggle. 99 cents? Puh-lease. Daylight robbery.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Does anyone know when this ends?

And what good app tracking sites (like the AppSniper thing mentioned, but on web) I should keep track of ... and/or RSS feeds?

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007

And what good app tracking sites (like the AppSniper thing mentioned, but on web) I should keep track of ... and/or RSS feeds?
The iTunes listing says the sale ends at midnight June 14.

As to monitoring the store via web or RSS, it's hard to beat appshopper.com, which works well either way.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I have stinkin' 41 cents in my iTunes account right now.

HMPH. I don't even have an iPt yet - but 99 cents is too good to pass up too.

Heck, this is the game that broke the button on my iPod Video! LOL!!

Fe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009

Another member already mentioned the best site (appshopper) but also of note is the "New Games" section of Touch Arcade. It's just below the banner, alongside "Home Forums Submit".

I also have all the sniping apps and find Pandorabox to be second only to Appsniper, and sometimes even quicker than the latter, in finding sales. We're talking 15-24 hrs quicker.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Bought it and played it a bit today. I must say I that it hasn't grabbed me yet. What is so good about it that it is receiving such great accolades?

Fe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Bought it and played it a bit today. I must say I that it hasn't grabbed me yet. What is so good about it that it is receiving such great accolades?

It's nostalgic, and due to the high "luck" factor, it's challenging but in the most endearing way. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds one of end of pier/fairground entertainment. Clowns, dunking machines, and what-not.

However, sometimes one just doesn't get it about certain games (for me, Zenonia). No harm in that.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
It's nostalgic, and due to the high "luck" factor, it's challenging but in the most endearing way. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds one of end of pier/fairground entertainment. Clowns, dunking machines, and what-not.
Maybe this is it. It's not emotive for me at all. Some of the animations are rewarding and it's a neat little game. But without the back-history and/or youth connection I'll have to admit I'm struggling to be interested. Will keep at it for a few days to see what happens. The few power-ups I've achieved are promising :).

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Maybe this is it. It's not emotive for me at all. Some of the animations are rewarding and it's a neat little game. But without the back-history and/or youth connection I'll have to admit I'm struggling to be interested. Will keep at it for a few days to see what happens. The few power-ups I've achieved are promising :).

I"m not sure about playing it on the Touch though, i first played on my click wheel iPod, and the kids were playing, and now the click wheel is broken... but the wheel made it easy (i should add here, i don't own the iPt yet, i did borrow my Dad's for a week and struggled with a few games in the control area).

Personally, i don't like playing on the computer as much as on the iPod.

However, it's also a good pick up and play when you just have a few minutes type of game too.

Fe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
I"m not sure about playing it on the Touch though

Oh, I can't imagine playing it anywhere else. Part of its endearing quality, which I mentioned earlier, is its tactile ability. It's like that funfair game of shooting water into a clown's mouth, somehow.

I see someone else posted a similar topic - Peggle for 99 cents. I am now wondering how many more "Doctor of the Peggle"s will be created, with the added popularity.

Check out this reviewer, who is only one of 11 Doctors of The Peggle degree holders. So cool. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbwXz47ug4

Fe1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
OK I've played around with it for a few days and i'll admit that it's very addictive and cool. I've recommended it to a couple of friends now :D!

That's awesome and what a turn-around. Welcome to the Peggle Lovers Club everywhere! :D:D

fr00b

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
UK
I'm here in the UK. I bought the app from the app store the other day while it was still 59p, however, I checked my banks statement, and it looks like they managed to charge me £1.58 instead

Anyone know who I can contact to rectify this?

EDIT: Found it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.