PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Buy. Used Laptop with Combo Drive

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 2, 2002, 05:01 PM
Looking for a used ibook or powerbook with a combodrive.

No software or extras needed.

Thanks.

d0ct0rteeth@mac.com

C-

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 2, 2002, 05:49 PM
if anyone has some links to a good online reseller that would be good too.

Good Times.

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 3, 2002, 04:53 PM
www.smalldog.com

That is one of the best places for used stuff.

I have an iBook 600 with 384MB of ram, combo drive, and a 20 gig.

I have been thinking about selling it, but I have not made up my mind yet. I have an IBM ThinkPad :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: for free for work, and my poor little iBook just sits at home with nothing to do. Sad really.

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 3, 2002, 06:30 PM
not using it? really? let me know. Im surprised Mrs BTTM isn't using it :)

I looked at smalldog but they are selling used ones for only 200 bucks cheaper than new ones. Plus I miss out on all the apple rebates and promotions.

No luck with them... im watching ebay though.

Thanks. and let me know if you want to send it to boston.

I'll take real good care of her... take her to red socks games and everything :)

Good times;

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 8, 2002, 09:14 AM
Ok, Dr.
My little puppy can be had for 1200.00 firm.
iBook 600 384 MB
12.1 inch TFT
20GB
DVD CDRW Combo
Extras although I know you said you did not want them. They are there if you do.

Great machine, and I love it dearly, but we just don't need 2 computers at the house. Now that I use the ThinkPad.

System was 1499 when bought. Still is 1499.00 It is a great machine, and a GREAT price on the little machine. Let me know.
Chuck

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 10, 2002, 11:40 AM
awesome chuck.

im definitly interrested.

What kind of extras do you have?

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 10, 2002, 04:39 PM
Hey Doc, I just PM'd you my phone number. Call me and we can go over the particulars.
C

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 11, 2002, 02:37 PM
gotchya.

i'll call ya tonight.

C-

mmcneil
Jul 12, 2002, 01:24 AM
Lots Base 800 w/ combo go in the range of 2300-2900 - quite a range actually, I've watching (drooling) for weeks!! There seem to be some scam artists about - sellers who are lurkers or no pedigree. 667s go for about $2000.

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 12, 2002, 11:26 AM
thanks everyone.

im going w/ the bttm ibook.

good times.

C-

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 16, 2002, 09:29 AM
thanks for the easy transaction.

BTTM is the man.

Check is in the mail.

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 20, 2002, 06:16 PM
Dr. Got the Check today. Will deposit Monday and ship the system to you. I hope you love it. Don't be shocked by the lack of disk space when you get it. I have all of the music on it, so you should have some good times going through it :p

Talk to you soon.
Chuck

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 20, 2002, 09:07 PM
thats awesome.

less disk space... more music...

mmm.. music (in homer simpson voice)

how was your trip... you leave yet?

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 21, 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
thats awesome.

less disk space... more music...

mmm.. music (in homer simpson voice)

how was your trip... you leave yet?

C-

Actually, it has been postponed. I am glad too. I hope you like the little lady. She has been good to us. She has everything on her, including the music. Tons of music.

Thanks again for making this so easy.
C

Backtothemac
Jul 26, 2002, 08:25 AM
Hello good Dr. I have a tracking number for you if you need it. I shipped it yesterday, and it should be there Monday or Tuesday. I went ahead and insured it just in case. Sorry it took a couple of days to get it out, but I have been way under the weather. Talk to you soon.

Your gonna love it.
C

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 30, 2002, 07:33 PM
she arrived in NY today. i havent really played with it yet as i am in boston... but i will soon enough. (probably over the weekend)

thanks again. let me know if i can ever return the favor.

C-

Backtothemac
Jul 30, 2002, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear it! I have been having withdrawl from her though...(wipes tear from eye).

She will be good to you, and enjoy the music.

Chuck

MacAztec
Jul 30, 2002, 08:44 PM
Was that an iBook with a 16MB graphics?

Backtothemac
Jul 30, 2002, 08:47 PM
No, that one has the 8meg. It still rocks with x.2 though. It will serve him very well. I have had no problems with that iBook, and it runs 6C35 faster than one would think. The final of x.2 will be very nice on that little G3.

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 13, 2002, 12:53 AM
Just got your private message. As I always tell my team at work "praise in public" ... so here it goes.

Thanks again for such a smooth purchase. The iBook was completely beautiful and came with more extras than I ever thought. I did a little housekeeping (installs/updates/etc..) and have passed it on to my friend as I said. The little details such as the screen protecter and various cables relly impressed me. I only wish it was an ebay purchase so i could leave feedback.

He is completely ignorant of Mac's and has picked it up very quickly. He was going to buy a dell but when I made him the offer (if you dont want it, i'll buy it off you risk free) and sees how easy it is to use he refuses to sell it to me. bastard. ;)

The major selling point is that he is a baseball player and stays in hotels all the time. He was amazed that all he has to do is plug it in to the ethernet port in the wall and he is online. He flipped. Called me 3 times to thank me. His teammates all want macs now. Its like the LA Lakers iPod video :)

Thanks again. Hope the wife enjoys her tiBook. I'll buy it when she is done ;)

Later bud. Your an all star.