PDA

View Full Version : Safari Can't Download please help

oldschool
May 14, 2004, 01:08 AM
For the past two weeks my brother's computer hasn't been able to download from any site. When trying to download from version tracker for example, all that happens is the top of the window shows that it is opening a file called "._SDPluginHelper.html".

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

The computer is running Panther with all the latest updates.

oldschool
May 14, 2004, 05:50 PM
could somebody tell me how i would go about reinstalling safari then?

kanker
May 14, 2004, 07:23 PM
For the past two weeks my brother's computer hasn't been able to download from any site. When trying to download from version tracker for example, all that happens is the top of the window shows that it is opening a file called "._SDPluginHelper.html".

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

The computer is running Panther with all the latest updates.Your brother (or someone) installed Speed Download(er?) would be my guess, which means you need to search the HD for all related files and trash them. Look in all the various libraries, user and system, and hopefully you should be cooking with gas. Alternately, you could just control click download links and select save.

oldschool
May 14, 2004, 08:14 PM
hmmm maybe he did install speed downloader..i wonder why though

anyways i'll try that...but control clicking and clicking save still doesn't work.

thanks

Your brother (or someone) installed Speed Download(er?) would be my guess, which means you need to search the HD for all related files and trash them. Look in all the various libraries, user and system, and hopefully you should be cooking with gas. Alternately, you could just control click download links and select save.

aussie_geek
May 15, 2004, 09:25 AM
trash your safari prefs an see what happens... ;)