Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Name That Tune! coming to the iPhone OS 3.0

Releases within days after OS 3.0 is released.

Utilizes your own iPod library for the game.

100% free. Look for it in the Music category.

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Very cool. This game on my old iPod was instrumental in helping me rediscover old favourites.

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
The game is now OUT. It's called "Name That Tune!"

First of all, it's FREE. There are many other games called "Music Quiz" and "Music IQ", etc out on the store already but they are NOT free. Do not buy them. All of the features in those games will be in Name That Tune!

Secondly, it's the first version. If there are ANY features you'd like to eventually see, please add a review so I can include those. I'll be putting out new updates with new features once every two weeks. The next update will have MANY new features (read the app description for details).

Again, don't buy any music quiz game, get Name That Tune! It's FREE!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319839965&mt=8

Ethan

foo1osophy

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
The game is now OUT. It's called "Name That Tune!"

First of all, it's FREE. There are many other games called "Music Quiz" and "Music IQ", etc out on the store already but they are NOT free. Do not buy them. All of the features in those games will be in Name That Tune!

Secondly, it's the first version. If there are ANY features you'd like to eventually see, please add a review so I can include those. I'll be putting out new updates with new features once every two weeks. The next update will have MANY new features (read the app description for details).

Again, don't buy any music quiz game, get Name That Tune! It's FREE!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319839965&mt=8

Ethan

I think it's great you're offering it for free, but I feel it's still behind the curve compared to the versions you pay for.

First of all, many of my songs that are "featuring" another artist have their names in the song title as opposed to the artist. It led to many "incorrect answers" on my behalf.

Second, multiple choice is definitely the most convenient way to go. It's just laborious for the user to have to input the song title as opposed to selecting an option.

Suggestions for future features would be: multiple choice game, name the artist, name the album, guess the lyrics (this would probably be hard to code, but a neat feature to have).

Otherwise, I really like the UI and I think you have an ambitious project that (if it remains free) should be a competitor in the "Music Quiz" genre. Nice app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.