PDA

View Full Version : ADC or Student Hardware Purchase

web_god61
May 14, 2004, 05:34 PM
Hello, im new to the forum and ive been looking to buy a 12 inch iBook, but as im a student and im interseted in developing on the Mac i wanted to know if it would be a good idea to sign up for the Apple Developer Connection as an Online or Select or Premier member to get the tools and discounts or to go with the student discount. Basically the way that would save me the most money.

thanks in advance

mikeyredk
May 14, 2004, 05:46 PM
save ur ADC discount for when you leave school. You can get the student discount anytime you want but the Student ADC is only once so enjoy it before you leave.

michaelrjohnson
May 14, 2004, 06:03 PM
yeah, check the limitations of the two to see what fits you best. But the great thing is that the reg. student discount applies every year. good luck!

(i own a 12in iBook, and it's an excellent machine!)

saabmp3
May 15, 2004, 12:16 AM
You can get a student ADC membership, which you obviously don't want to save until you leave school. I would however save this until YOU are buying it with ALL of your own money. I let my parents chip in on the student purschase, but now that I'm on my own I used my student ADC discount to get a 1.33 12 inch with super drive for 1429 (I think). Very very very good price compared to 1600 ish for students and 1800 retail.

BEN

Gherkin
May 15, 2004, 01:14 AM
uh as you mentioned in your post, you are interested in developing for the Mac. So I would suggest you get the ADC now and don't wait.

web_god61
May 16, 2004, 07:06 PM
thanks guys for all the info, im still looking into it but im gonna wait a little longer to see what all my options are. If n e ones got n e thing else to add plz feel free.

thanks