PDA

View Full Version : ibook perfomance compared

matt459
May 15, 2004, 08:31 AM
has anyone used both the 1 ghz and 1.2 ghz ibook 14 inch models. i was wondering if the extra processor speed was noticable. im on a very tight budget, so the extra 200 dollars isnt something i want to spend. i would rather get the bluetooth and apple care. later ill add airport, and more memory. one more question: do you think if i had more memory (maybe another 512) i wouldnt notice the processor difference as much

Dirty Harry
May 15, 2004, 09:05 AM
has anyone used both the 1 ghz and 1.2 ghz ibook 14 inch models. i was wondering if the extra processor speed was noticable. im on a very tight budget, so the extra 200 dollars isnt something i want to spend. i would rather get the bluetooth and apple care. later ill add airport, and more memory. one more question: do you think if i had more memory (maybe another 512) i wouldnt notice the processor difference as much

You need more memory, no matter wich iBook you choose. I think 200 dollars is worth the 1.2 Ghz:
-20% faster
-33% more hard drive
-Airport built in.

I have the 1.2 ghz. Great. Didnīt try 1.0

JonGraves
May 15, 2004, 09:52 AM
Hey Matt,
You can buy the Applecare extended warranty any time within the standard warranty period (one year). I suggest holding off on the Applecare until your finances have recovered. If you can, get the 1.2 GHz (for the reasons Dirty Harry mentioned) and an extra 512 MB of RAM.

Jon

matt459
May 15, 2004, 04:49 PM
i went to the king of prussia mall store and talked to the guy there for a while about it. i ended up choosing the 1.2 ghz and added bluetooth. because of that its "custum" and therefor arriving in 5 days. im axiously awaiting my new computer!!! :D

virividox
May 15, 2004, 05:54 PM
congratulations!!!

jemeinc
May 15, 2004, 08:20 PM
i went to the king of prussia mall store and talked to the guy there for a while about it. i ended up choosing the 1.2 ghz and added bluetooth. because of that its "custum" and therefor arriving in 5 days. im axiously awaiting my new computer!!! :D

Congratulations !!! The King Of Prussia store used to be my local Apple store— until they opened up the one in Marlton a few months ago... The Marlton store is not quite up to the level of the KOP store yet, but with a little time maybe it can be... 5 min. is a lot close than an hour & 15 min. .. lol..

matt459
May 15, 2004, 08:26 PM
thanks everybody for ur advice and words of wisdom, lol. its nice to be able to ask questions, and have someone know the answer and help out. ill report back when my ibook arrives. it looked so cool in the store!! id of taken the display one