PDA

View Full Version : Shirt to relive the classic Mac days!

snooziums
May 15, 2004, 04:32 PM
Hiya

While browsing the Internet, I came across this in an online store: http://www.errorwear.com/huge-macbomb.html

That is so great. I wonder if anyone is going to buy one? Remindes me of the old "classic" days. By the way, what ever did happen to that message, I miss it already?

With love, snooziums.

virividox
May 15, 2004, 04:47 PM
wow havetn seen those in a while

i miss the sad mac...not really cuz it meant u were screwed but i still remember my old old old mac when it had the mac bomb :)

Sparky's
May 15, 2004, 05:58 PM
OK, I see them all the time at work (boss to parinoid to migrate LAN to OS X) Shirt is cool but the message is awfully small. I like the one I got at the last Boston Mac Expo that said "I KEEP HITTING THE ESCAPE KEY, BUT I'M STILL HERE". wish the ME would return to Boston :(

wowser
May 15, 2004, 06:17 PM
Having just switched, i am unfamiliar with old error messages. However, it is nice how the computer apologizes for the fault - Windows rather coldly seems to blame the user for everything :p

MacFan26
May 16, 2004, 02:58 AM
Aw, I love the old error messages. I think they're much more exciting than kernel panic :D I love the Coleco shirt on that website. I still have my Coleco, and I'm pretty sure it still works. Of course, the controllers weren't that great when they were new. Oh well. People should wear more funny computer shirts.

Ninja_Turtle
May 16, 2004, 01:23 PM
ugh i use to hate these, especially when i use to make mods for DOOM II, which i dont do anymore cuz i switched to Mac oS X and classic environment sucks on Mac os X and i dont like rebooting my system to os9, so practically i hated these messages, thank the gods for MAC OS X...!!!

wdlove
May 16, 2004, 02:11 PM
I don't think that I would want that T-Shirt to remind me of those days. :( Yes, they are sorry and then go ahead and crash anyway!

bennetsaysargh
May 16, 2004, 04:30 PM
try wearing that into a crowded public place and see the reactions there :o :p

maybe they should bring back the sad mac or the bomb instead of the many different language kernal panic. it would look a lot nicer :)

coopdog
May 18, 2004, 02:37 AM
Do you think steph is hot?

crenz
May 18, 2004, 11:05 AM
"You da bomb!" gets a whole new meaning here...

pyrotoaster
May 18, 2004, 01:40 PM
Shucks, those were the days...
Classic always looked best in greyscale. :D

You know, Kernel Panics seem particularly cold (in that sleek Apple way) compared to the old fashioned disasters. I personally wouldn't mind see a bomb next time my AirPort card dislodges while my Powerbook is running. ;)