PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Apple TV -- video stops playing

mmyers
Jun 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hello... I have had my Apple TV for about 1 1/2 years so it is no longer under warranty. Recently, when I play video -- either a movie, podcast, youtube, etc, the video just stops playing. However, the audio will continue for awhile until the Apple TV figures out something went wrong and that will stop too. When this happens, the unit will not respond to the remote at all. The only way out is to to the 6 second reset and wait for it to restart. It then will maybe play for another length of time (usually not long) until it freezes again. Not sure why this is happening. Sounds like a hard drive problem. What's the most inexpensive fix? I think taking it into the local Apple store will be expensive.

BTW -- My network is 802.11n/Wireless. Would switching to Ethernet help this issue as most of the time it seems like it freezes when streaming.

Thanks

rhett7660
Jun 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
Do you have the ability to hard wire it? If so try that. I would I try the same file and see if it works past the spot where it drops. If it does, maybe you are losing your signal.

Does it stop if the files is synced to the hard drive?