Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirror.image

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Reykjavik
Hey everyone, i've been looking for such a long time on info on how to host warcraft 3 games, i've searched so goddamn many sites for 3 hours straight just today, and i've tried many times.

I saw results, but all sites i got were about a year old and it seemed to me that it was outdated and a few updates have been released.

I'm getting tired of searching so i just went ahead and created an account here and decided to post this. Just got this imac here so i'm not used to it so what i would like is someone makes a step-by-step tutorial on what to do.

I hope someone can help me out here cause all i really want is to be able to host a game which my friends can join :(

Please someone be my saviour :)

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
In order to host on battle.net successfully, you need to do 4 things:
1) Set yourself up a static IP address in OS X
- Go to your System Preferences
- Click Network
- Find your active connection (one of the green ones - usually the top one)
- Configure it "Using DHCP with a manual address"
- Just above this, it says your current IP address. Copy that into the section that has 0.0.0.0 - this new address is your static IP address
2) Check the port Warcraft is using (Options -> Gameplay - Game Data Port [default is 6112])
3) Forward this port to your static IP address in your router
- http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
- A whole heap of guides are available here
- You will need to find the make and model of your router
4) Check the OS X firewall settings
- In the System Preferences, click Security
- Under the Firewall tab, you will need to add a rule for the Warcraft application (or set the firewall to accept all incoming connections)

If you are still having issues, please let me know. If you do require additional help, please state your router and modem make and model so I can read through the same guides.

Mirror.image

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Reykjavik
In order to host on battle.net successfully, you need to do 4 things:
1) Set yourself up a static IP address in OS X
- Go to your System Preferences
- Click Network
- Find your active connection (one of the green ones - usually the top one)
- Configure it "Using DHCP with a manual address"
- Just above this, it says your current IP address. Copy that into the section that has 0.0.0.0 - this new address is your static IP address
2) Check the port Warcraft is using (Options -> Gameplay - Game Data Port [default is 6112])
3) Forward this port to your static IP address in your router
- http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
- A whole heap of guides are available here
- You will need to find the make and model of your router
4) Check the OS X firewall settings
- In the System Preferences, click Security
- Under the Firewall tab, you will need to add a rule for the Warcraft application (or set the firewall to accept all incoming connections)

If you are still having issues, please let me know. If you do require additional help, please state your router and modem make and model so I can read through the same guides.

Ok thank for this but i still have a problem, i went through the guides and found my router (ZyXEL P-660HW-D1) and went through it, went in safari, put the router ip adress in, and tried the default login code but that just refreshed the page, so i just pressed login cause there were already for letters in the box and that got me in. Now the guide says i should be able to click a link on the left side of the page that says network...but the link isn't there, i can see the model name of the router there and i can click status but that's all i can do.

Something i'm doing wrong? perhaps that i didn't do the login code so i don't have authority?

Hope to hear from you soon

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Now the guide says i should be able to click a link on the left side of the page that says network...but the link isn't there
The webpage may not be displaying correctly in Safari. Try another browser if you can (eg. Firefox http://www.firefox.com). Routers tend to be most compatible with Internet Explorer, so to use this, you'd need Windows unfortunately (either via Parallels/VMWare etc. or a PC).

Mirror.image

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Reykjavik
The webpage may not be displaying correctly in Safari. Try another browser if you can (eg. Firefox http://www.firefox.com). Routers tend to be most compatible with Internet Explorer, so to use this, you'd need Windows unfortunately (either via Parallels/VMWare etc. or a PC).

No it was the website, gave me the wrong login code, the password was admin not 1234.

there is only one problem now, ok i have a static ip address, got in the router disabled my firewall and now there is only one thing left.

I still can't host, cause i don't know what i am supposed to put in the server ip address so i just put in the ip adress of the router, registered it, checked the active box but i still can't host.

What am i supposed to put in that box?

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Server IP address is your static IP address (IP address of your Warcraft server). Make sure you remove any incorrect rules as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.