Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
This is a new problem I'm just starting to notice happening...and it's really pissing me off...:rolleyes:

For the past couple days now, I've noticed after putting my TiBook to sleep and waking it, I lose my network abilities...but the weird part is I'm still showing an IP addy & router addy...but no web apps work unless I log out or restart the system. It's even getting to the point where some apps are just hanging and won't do anything when I attempt to quit them (iTunes being the main culprit).

I'm on a Rev. A 500 TiBook, 384 MB RAM, 2 partitions (10.1.5 & 9.2)...anyone have a clue?

Apple][Forever

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2002
Network Update

I had the same problem after installing the 10.1.5 update until i installed Networking Update (using SW Update in the Pref panel). Now it works OK!

if that doesn't work try trashing the powermanagement.plist file... i want to say it's in your user Library/preferences folder but i can't remember off the top of my head right now.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
this is a known problem with 10.1.5. it was apparently fixed with the network update. if you are still having trouble, contact apple. it should have been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.