Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I'm guessing a lot of people might be hitting the time to renew their membership. If anyone was interested in signing up new or renewing, this online store has the Family Pack for only $80. They have a pretty good rating from what it looks like? Personally never purchased from there, just saw the deal mentioned somewhere else.

phifer8390

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I google'd the store and it had solid reviews and I ordered a copy... I will let you know how it goes. Plus they accept PayPal so that is pretty trustworthy 2 me. Paypal has never let me down when it comes to online stores!

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ordered mine too. Might as well get the code in so I don't have to worry about next renewal. Certainly can't beat the price...plus, like you said, there's pretty good protection if you use PayPal.

drrich2

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2005
I've been thinking about buying it, too. Glad you brought it up. I've got a couple of questions about using it, though.

I've got an individual account that's due for renewal 11-6-09. I use a MacPro. My wife's getting an iMac soon, so I was pondering upgrading to a family account.

If I upgrade to a family account NOW by going to Apple's web site, do I just pay a 'pro-rated' rate for the family pack (5 months worth, not 12)?

If I buy this $80 family pack and try to use it to upgrade to family status NOW, what happens to the few months of individual time I've already got left on my current account.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Richard.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I would get on MobileMe support chat. When I did mine, they actually canceled my single account and opened a new family one. Since I was in the free month (that was credited from the outages last year) there was nothing to pro-rate.

My guess is that you can upgrade when you expire...anything else would require help from MobileMe support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.