PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV to go with my FUTURE PowerMac

PowerMacMan
May 16, 2004, 03:44 PM
I'm looking for a great LCD TV for the PowerMac (that I'll buy as soon as they're updated). I want a 20''-23'', and a high resolution, HDTV ready or built in. I want it to be a good quality and high picture quality LCD TV that is obviously compatible with the PowerMac, or will hook up to it... as I will be using it as a computer display more than a TV, but would enjoy the additional TV watching capabilities.

Please recommend excellent products that will be worth my money and friendly to my eyes!

Thanks in advance! :D

thatwendigo
May 16, 2004, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for a great LCD TV for the PowerMac (that I'll buy as soon as they're updated). I want a 20''-23'', and a high resolution, HDTV ready or built in. I want it to be a good quality and high picture quality LCD TV that is obviously compatible with the PowerMac, or will hook up to it... as I will be using it as a computer display more than a TV, but would enjoy the additional TV watching capabilities.

Please recommend excellent products that will be worth my money and friendly to my eyes!

Thanks in advance! :D

You're in a limited market, and you're going to be cutting down what your computer can theoretically display. Even at the 1080i standard, we're not talking about monitor sharpness that you might expect from a computer display. Just think about the fact that you're buying a consumer LCD that's quite a bit larger than the PC monitors are, and that you're paying about the same for a device that includes a very expensive set of equipment that includes the MPEG2 decoder needed for HDTV output.

As such, I think you're better off getting a nice LCD monitor and ensuring that you have a TV-out in the computer, or keeping the devices separate. At the moment, the technology just isn't there yet.

jimsowden
May 16, 2004, 04:42 PM
I disagree, i think my samsung lcd tv/monitor is great. Check out samsung, i have a 17" and get 1280x768 widescreen. Also looks great for HDTV. I recomend getting a combo unit if your in one room like i am.